WinZip is available as Standard or Pro. WinZip offers powerful new compression technology that creates even smaller Zip files. And the new Explorer-style view makes working with complex, multi-folder Zip files a snap. WinZip Pro includes the WinZip Job Wizard, a powerful tool that offers predefined data backup jobs, the ability to customize and schedule zipping tasks, and FTP-upload functionality. And with WinZip Pro, you can zip and burn directly on CDs/DVDs!
WinZip 11.2 is an updated version of our most recent major release—WinZip 11.0—that supports Windows Vista®.
WinZip 11.2 offers a thumbnail image view and automatic compression selection, plus improved compression for audio files (WAV) and the ability to open .BZ2 and .RAR files.
WinZip 11.2 Pro adds expanded data backup functionality and includes a new internal image viewer that allows you to browse through multiple images within the Zip file.
A few of WinZip's many other features:
* Zip, unzip, and one-click Zip and E-mail directly from Windows Explorer or My Computer.
* Automatically install software, desktop themes, and screen savers contained in Zip files.
* Quickly find your Zip files with Favorite Zip Folders.
* Instantly access recently used Zip files and other WinZip features from the Windows taskbar tray icon.
* Take full advantage of Windows XP features including fast user switching and XP themes.
* Decode most popular Internet file formats, including MIME, UUEncode, XXEncode, TAR, BinHex, and many others.
* Split Zip files into smaller parts to overcome e-mail size constraints.
• Burn New and Existing Zip Files Directly to CD or DVD
• FTP Upload New and Existing Zip Files
• Email Zip File and Logs on WinZip Job Completion
• Run WinZip Jobs From a History List of Recent Jobs
• View Full-Size Compressed Images Directly From Your Zip File
• Predefined Data Backup Jobs
• Create Custom, Automated Zipping Tasks (WinZip Jobs)
• Scheduling Capabilities for Running Zip Jobs
• Unicode Support for International Characters in File names
• Display Thumbnails in WinZip's Explorer Style View
• Best Compression Chooses Compression Method Based on File Type
• Improved Compression for Audio Files (WAV)
• Extract from RAR, LHA, LZH, and BZ2 Files
• Create LHA and LZH Files
• Command Line Support (Separate Download)
• Attachment Management Support
• Quick File Selection
• Automatic Update Checking
• Flexible Interface; Wizard and Classic
• Tight Integration with Windows
• Large Zip File Support
• 128- and 256-Bit AES Encryption
• E-mail Support (including one click Zip & E-mail)
• Split Zip File Capability
• Create Self-Extracting Archives
New in WinZip 11.2 (April 9, 2008)
* Unicode support to ensure international characters are displayed for filenames in a Zip file when the Zip file is shared between two computers having different code pages (the default set of text characters available for display.) For Unicode support, the Zip file must be created and opened with a zip utility that supports the Unicode extensions to the Zip file format such as WinZip 11.2
* Integrated support for LHA to create, open and extract LHA archives (.LHA and .LZH). This eliminates the need for a third-party DOS program
* Removal of support for DOS-based, third-party programs such as ARJ and ARC
* Minor bug fixes and enhancements