- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, OSX and more
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable Speed limits
- Filename filters
- Network configuration wizard
The straightforward program interface offers translations in most of the world's major languages. Caching directories speeds up browsing FTP sites. The only thing we found missing is bookmarks for quickly switching among FTP locations.
The program lets you download or upload multiple files at once from and to several servers. If your bandwidth is somewhat limited, you'll appreciate a feature that lets you automatically adjust transfer speeds based on the time of day or date. FileZilla also lets you browse FTP sites even while you're transferring files. However, you won't find a task scheduler to automate transfers. To transfer sensitive information, the program supports the secure protocol SFTP.
Overall, FileZilla is a good tool that will suffice for managing smaller sites.
* From here, you can donate to FileZilla project.