In the past, you've had to download a huge PDF reader from another software company, go through a lengthy installation process and wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document. Moreover, if you want to annotate a PDF document, you have to pay US$299 to buy certain software.
Now with Foxit Reader, you don't have to endure such pain any more. The following is a list of compelling advantages of Foxit Reader:
- Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is only 2.1 M which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
- Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
- Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
- Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
* Capture words via mouse
If you are using a dictionary software, you may want to use your mouse to capture words inside a PDF file and has it translated. You can turn on this feature by checking ¡°Screen word-capturing¡± option under ¡°Edit¡±>¡±Preference¡±>¡±General¡±.
* Search PDF in another way
Now you can search a string either in a single PDF file or in multiple PDF files under a specified folder. When the search finishes, all occurrences will be listed in a tree view, allowing you to quickly preview the contexts and jump to specific locations.
* Minimize Foxit Reader to the system tray
You now can save space on your task bar by minimizing the Foxit Reader to system tray. This feature can be turned on by checking ¡°Minimize to system tray¡± option under ¡°Edit ¡°>¡±Preference¡±>¡±General¡±.
* Work with friendly bookmarks
Now when you navigate through the PDF document, the highlighted bookmark item will automatically be kept in sync with the current page being displayed. And you can click on a handle to hide or show the bookmark panel.
* Remove all evaluation marks at once
For trial users, Foxit Reader will stamp evaluation marks on edited pages. After they purchase and install licenses, they can choose ¡°Help¡±>¡±Remove Evaluation Marks¡± to remove all the evaluation marks on this file at once.
* View PDF page size
Now the actual size of each PDF page is displayed on the status bar.
* Select text easily
Now, when you click and drag your mouse to select some text, you can keep moving your mouse and Foxit Reader will scroll automatically. This will allow you to select text out of current view. Version 2.2 also fixes some bugs of the text selection tool in the previous version.
* Enjoy other improved features
You will enjoy many other improved features, including:
Better command line support
Enhanced support for eastern Asian languages
* Many bug fixes