GOM Player supports most of the condecs (AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, and plus more) by its own embedded codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs everytime when you can't play a certain video format. For those codecs that require license that cannot be distributed, GOM will automatically lead you to a open-source codec web-site.
Watch video files while you are downloading them! GOM has a registered patent For playing broken AVI format or AVI video files that are being Downloded. So try one of your broken AVI files or The one that you are downloading right now. You'll find it amazing!
GOM supports a lot of advanced features for advanced users. You can customize the player by creating your own skin, setting toggle keys, VMR modes, detailed resolution among others. It also provides features such as an overlay mixer, real-time index rebuilding for AVI files, unicode support, key frame based RW/FF and many more!
GOM Player Features :
* Codec Finder
GOM Player includes many codecs (XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263 and more) so you won't need to install separate codecs for most videos. For those videos that require a separate codec, GOM Player will find one and direct you to a place where you can download open source version of the codec. That way, you won't get stuck with unnecessary codecs on your system.
* Play Broken AVI Files (Patented)
AVI files can't be played if the index is broken, or the file isn't completely downloaded. This is because index is located at the end of the file. GOM Player's patented technology enables users to view files with broken index or that are still being downloaded.
* Powerful Subtitle Support
GOM Player supports SMI, SRT, RT, SUB(with IDX) files for subtitle. You can specify margin, location, size, resolution, font and others. You can also enable shadow, view ASF files with subtitle, karaoke subtitle mode. You can even synchronize subtitle and video if there's any mismatch.
* Convenient Playlist
GOM Player supports playlist formats such as M3U, PLS, ASX. You can include different media types on a playlist. Also, it also lets you edit playlists for different media types. It's easy to create and edit your own multimedia playlist with GOM Player.
* Support Different Media Types
Along with different media format such as AVI, MPG, MPEG and DAT, GOM Player also supports streaming Windows media format (WMV, ASF, ASX). You can also watch DVD-quality videos with 5.1 channel audio output.
* Screen Capture
Screen capture allows you to take a screenshot of your video directly from GOM Player. Using the Burst Capture feature, you can take continuous screenshots upto 999 shots.
* Advanced Features
There are other endless number of advanced features. Customize brightness, contrast and saturation. Sharpen and add noise to your video. Try audio equalizer. Repeat a section of your video with our A-B Repeat feature. Fast forward/rewind a few seconds using left/right keys. There are even more for you to discover!
Changes in GOM Player 18.104.22.16853:
- fixes the problem with video/audio sync for certain MKV files.
Changes in GOM Player 22.214.171.12452:
- New feature: Quick Play Mode enables DXVA hardware acceleration, providing a smoother playback for high definition files
- Fixed a bug where bookmark file names were corrupted on certain Windows language settings
- Better update alert window
- Addition of a confirmation window when deleting files/folders from Easy Browser
- Fixed audio sync issue with Gretech Asf Source 2
- Combined external subtitle filter settings and filter settings
- Fixed a bug with screen saver option
- New options to select when internal source filters are used
- Random button on the playlist
- Link .TS, .TRP, .SVI files to GOM Player
- Edited the list of commands for user-defined shortcut keys
- Other minor fixes/improvements
* Codecs for .mp4 and .vob files were also integrated into portable Gom Player.